WELCOME TO THE RADIATION QUESTIONS WEBSITE!
This website is operated by Dr. Robert Zamenhof, an expert on radiation, radiation dose (both medical & non-medical), & radiation effects. To see Dr. Zamenhof's credentials in this area, click on the button below.
This photograph circa 1940 shows a patient receiving a chest radiograph. In those days, because of the absence of intensifying screens and the relatively low energy x-ray beams used, the radiation doses to patients were often 100 times larger than those today.
Click on any of the 9 links below:
1. Ask Dr. Zamenhof any question about any kind of radiation, medical radiation dose, or
radiation effects & risks
2. Get information about natural background radiation
3. Get an explanation of the dangers of radiation to humans
4. Get information about claims that CT scans annually kill 14,000 patients
5. Get information about the technology, efficacy, & radiation risks of airport x-ray
6. Link to a cool website where you can estimate your medical radiation dose from specific
7. Link to Dr. Zamenhof's Science & Technology blog
8. Link to Dr. Zamenhof's website
9. Table of Typical Diagnostic Doses